Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Maternity wear: basics plus accessories

I've been noticing a trend in the way I am dressing as it gets colder and my bump continues to grow... Basic, simple maternity pieces combined with accessories that feel seasonal and like me. 

I love the texture of the knit sleeves on this white maternity sweater. And the fact that it is so neutral and basic and can be worn lots of different ways. Here a white sweater and ripped jeans feel a little more special with red flats and a striped scarf. 

White sweater: H&M 
Ripped Jeans: Motherhood
Gray scarf: J. Crew
Red flats: Gap 

Believe it or not, nothing in the below photo is maternity. This neutral, basic dress is from J. Crew and wears like a shift dress when not pregnant. I kind of like it better with a bump. I styled it with a jean jacket, red infinity scarf and brown boots here. 

Dress: J. Crew
Jean Jacket: H&M 
Scarf: made by me
Boots: Steve Madden

This might be the best example of all: A long sleeved gray t and flare jeans. But add a plaid blanket scarf and the red flats again and it feels current and seasonal and so fun. The waterfall braid has been my go to here lately also. 

Here I'm wearing thick gray maternity leggings from target and a purple maternity tank from Old Navy that I got during my pregnancy with Jaden. To "winterize" it I added tall black boots, a chunky cream infinity scarf, long black cardi and a floppy hat. 

(Same outfit as above, just more fun shown outside where I actually wore it) 

Hat: H&M 
Scarf: Target
Tank: Old Navy
Cardi: Target
Leggings: Target
Black Boots: DSW

And last, another perfect example of what I mean by basics: A black maternity tank and black maternity leggings, adding pieces that are non-maternity to spice it up. And again with the waterfall braid. 


Black Maternity  Tunic Tank: Old Navy
Black Maternity Leggings: Target
Aztec print cardi: Cotton On
Brown Boots: Steve Madden
Necklace: Stella & Dot 

Hope that can inspire ways to invest in the most basic of leggings/pants and tanks/tops and then combine them with fun statement pieces that you already have!! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment