Wednesday, May 9, 2012

this morning

Sitting on the back porch in the breeze, Drew and I just finished lunch at the picnic table, Isaiah is sleeping and now Drew is spying through our fence on the neighbors.... Zion is my little shadow at my feet. Just wanted to take a few minutes to remember this morning.... 





Isaiah woke up early early, not quite sure what time because when I don't have my contacts in I can't see the clock, but it was just barely starting to be light out. I went to get him from his crib and he was all wet from a leaking diaper (probably what woke him up) so I changed him and since it was so warm I just put him in a diaper and nothing else and brought him to bed with me to nurse him back to sleep.

What I want to remember is his sleepy smile, his half closed baby blue eyes as he laid in my arms and looked at me. Just the two of us awake, his rolly little arms and baby soft skin. The way he fits my side like a little puzzle piece, his one arm draped across me holding onto me. I usually fall back asleep at night while I feed him, but because of the early morning light and the fact that I could see him I just laid there awake looking at him, smiling back at him, loving the feel of my baby next to me.


He's growing up though. I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but he sits in a highchair and feeds himself, and takes baths in the big tub with drew, and says mama all the time, and has filled out fluffy blonde hair and a sense of humor.... I am savoring the baby moments I have left with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment