Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Because it's blueberry season!


Blueberry Pudding Cake

Fresh berries are one of my favorite foods. And my mom's blueberry pudding cake is one of my favorite desserts :) Since it's just starting to be blueberry season, I thought I'd share the recipe today. 

You'll need: 

4 cups blueberries
2 tsp cinnamon 
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cups flour 
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
6 tbsp butter

Topping: 
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 cups boiling water

Toss blueberries, cinnamon and lemon juice together and place in greased 9x13 baking dish. 
In a bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in milk and melted butter. Spoon over berries. Sprinkle sugar and cornstarch mixture over this. Pour boiling water over all. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. 

Hope you enjoy this if you try it, it's one of my favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment