Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My version of Bruschetta


My best friend Ashly made this for me the first time I ever had it, and it was actually the first time I ever enjoyed a tomato. Since then I now love them on lots of things, but I never liked them growing up. 
Anyway, we have a garden full of tomatoes right now, and while I'll use some of them to can some sauce and stewed tomatoes, I like recipes that use them fresh too. This one is simple and so, so good. 

What you need: 
One baguette
Block of Mozerella Cheese
Tomato (or two)
Olive Oil
McCormick's Italian Herb Grinder seasoning
Garlic Salt
Sea Salt



Slice the baguette into thin pieces and spread out on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil. Cut mozerella block into small thin slices and place on each baguette piece. Top with a tomato slice, then sprinkle on italian seasoning, garlic & sea salt. MMMM.... :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment