Friday, December 5, 2014

Jaden Saylor: 13 Months

I took these photos back in October, just a few days after Jaden turned one on the twenty first. I had a few minutes on a gray misty morning while Drew was at school, and I took Isaiah and Jaden and a little wooden rocking chair that was Shaun's mom's when she was a little girl and a few apples to a cul-de-sac in our neighborhood and took pictures for about 15 minutes. Saiah watched from our open van door. Jaden LOVES balls, so I thought the apples would be a more photo friendly version of something that he would like... and we were about to make applesauce so we had tons of them. I have been so busy with photography this fall though that I didn't finish editing his pictures until today. He's 13 months now, and oh my goodness do I love this little (big) sweetheart baby.
That serious//inquisitive//wise beyond his years look is so typical.
 Pointing to big brother Isaiah, who was not-so-patiently waiting for us in the car.
 
When I finished Jaden's photos I let Isaiah out of the van to go on an adventure in the beautiful little field of wild flowers and leaves... Of course I had to snap a few of him too. :)

Jaden Saylor boy... Oh my goodness where do I start? He has been our most content, easiest baby yet. All of the sudden though in the last few months he has REALLY emerged, and his personality and his intensity are still surprising to me! He's not walking yet, but he can crawl so fast, and shakes his head back and forth as he goes. And in the living room he'll walk along the furniture if he's holding on. And his words! He is really starting to talk. Uh-oh is his most used word, followed closely by "ba-ball!" I don't know why the extra syllable on the front, unless he's trying to say "baseball" or "football", but he sure does love to have a catch and carry a ball around with him wherever he goes. His favorites are Drew's eagles football, his little wiffle ball, and a big bouncy blue ball we gave him. He says "mama" and "dada" and gives "mmm-nah!" kisses and says "baba" when he finds his belly button, and points to things and asks "iss" or "att"? He says "up" when he wants me to lift him, and he knows all of our names when we tell him to look or go to someone. Drew and Isaiah were both very clingy to me at this age, and Jaden loves for me to hold him, but he's not clingy at all when we are with people he is familiar with. He LOVES for his grandma or mommom or grandpa or pop or aunts or uncles to hold him and basically wants to play musical people when he's in a room full of people he knows, going from one person's arms to another. He reaches out for you so sweetly you just can't resist. And he is a major daddy's boy... oh my goodness does he love Shaun. It's so fun to see him starting to become "one of the boys..." he loves to be down on the ground watching them play, trying to steal their toys, or sitting in his little chair and watching movies with them when they watch. He went from not noticing the stairs at all to mastering them completely just after his first birthday. He can go up and down, surprisingly well, and he does not like it at all when I interrupt his conquering climb and remove him to another location. He has only slept through the night a handful of times in his year + of life.. I think 6 times to be exact. He still wakes up anywhere between 1 and 3 times a night to nurse. If I'm being honest, I look forward to hearing him stirring and wimpering for me in the night. I love to go get him from his crib, him rubbing his little eyes, then reaching for me when I come in, and carry him yawning to my room. I only nurse him for a short time before he's back asleep and I can carry him to the nursery and lay him in the crib again. I don't know what's changed, but it totally stressed me out if Drew or Isaiah woke up in the night as babies, and I would be so exhausted because of it. I don't know if I'm just used to it now or what, but it doesn't seem to affect my energy level anymore. The few nights that he hasn't woken up I still do, and I end up going in to check on him anyway. I just love his baby snuggles in the middle of the night. It's such a sweet time.
As far as food goes... Jaden loves it. All of it. He is for sure the easiest baby to feed at this age. Besides rice cereal and pureed baby foods he has been picking up tiny pieces of things with his fingers and feeding himself for about 2 or 3 months now. He likes any soft veggies I cut up for him: green beans, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, broccoli... He also loves little pieces of chicken and beef, no matter the seasoning, and of course any and all fruits, yogurt, applesauce, crackers, cheerios, and his most favorite: cheese curls. He is extremely vocal when he wants more food, and does his own unique version of the pterodactyl screech Isaiah used to do.
There is so much more I could say about him... he is our darling baby, we all love him to pieces, and he gets too many kisses to count in a day.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment