Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Monday

It's Monday, and a bit dreary outside, and I have lots of catching up to do around here... 
But I thought I'd take a minute to just post some random recent moments that are beautiful to me. 

So thankful that even though our backyard is tiny, it is functional and beautiful... I love our porch, the flowers, the space to plant some vegetables, back yard baseball that's still possible while they're little and can't hit too far... 

Drew's grin as he turned around to ask me if I saw his hit. Isaiah being himself, waiting for his turn to bat. 


Our garden as of a few weeks ago. The tiny rows of lettuce you see there are a few inches high now. Several heirloom tomato plants (red and yellow) green peppers, yellow peppers, jalapeno peppers, cucumbers, with rosemary, basil and cilantro planted in amoung the tomatoes (herbs and tomatoes are excellent companion plants) 


The nest in our hanging fern plant. Went from four tiny eggs to four little fluffy baby birds. The boys are enthralled. 

A rainy friday... it was such a gentle and steady rain. Drew would have spent the entire day sitting on the porch under his umbrella if we would have let him. 





Moments when they are getting along sweetly are especially precious to me. I love the two above of them sitting under the umbrella together. 

20 weeks. Taken at the end of a long (but good!) day.... 
Thankful to be halfway. 

So much to be thankful for. I feel like my heart is especially open and easily emotional here lately. Sometimes I go through seasons where I feel like I can't cry for anything, and other times I go through seasons where the smallest of gestures, the simplest of moments brings me to tears so easily. I'm definitely in the latter season currently, and although I don't like for anyone to see me cry, I have to say that overall, I love it. I love being moved by life's little things, soaking in the fresh, raw, realness of life and living in the moment so fully. I thank God he made us with souls that can feel
And I pray I never go numb to the little things. 

So, happy rainy Monday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment