Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Riehl Family

This was probably my last photo shoot of the year that was still vibing the summer.... I had so much fun spending an evening with the Riehl family capturing their clan. :) Jerre and Jess go to our church, and they have enriched our church family and our lives in so many ways. They are the most giving people, always looking for ways to bless others. They host our small group, which I LOVE. They are amazing at planning fun activities and facilitating deep connection and growth. And their five kids. I just love them. Janae, Kaden, Bryce, Landon & Colby. They are such great kids and awesome role models for my boys. I am so thankful for their family and it was truly a pleasure to do their photos for them. We went to a gorgeous local park and laughed and played and caught lots of crickets... and came away with some lovely images of them all together :)

 And for good measure, a silly one too. :) 
 A girl and her four brothers. :) She wears it well. 

 This is how these photos started out: 
 Cue the cricket invasion:
 Colby the cricket catcher!

 They have a photo just like this from when Colby was a baby.. I thought it would be fun to try to re-create it one more time while the kids are still mostly small enough... ;) 
 Ok, and below. My FAVORITE. I told the kids to all lay on their backs and look up at me smiling. Unbeknownst to anyone else, a cricket decided he wanted in on the photo too... by way of Landon's face! The sheer determination Landon is showing to keep on smiling, despite being slightly terrified of whatever just hopped on his face and is heading toward his eye just cracks me up! Fists clenched, pushing his head into the ground so hard he's got a double chin.... But still SMILING! I laughed and laughed over this image while I was editing their session. 

The girls :) 
The men:



My favorites of the kiddos: 
Kaden
Colby (couldn't choose which of these I liked more.) 

 Janae
 Landon & Bryce


I'm so glad to have had the chance to catch these moments for you guys, but even more I am so glad to get to KNOW you all, we are beyond blessed to have you as part of our church family. I am so thankful for all the ways you use your giftings and bless our family with your amazing spirits. We love you guys!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment