Friday, April 6, 2012

bridal shower decor

I recently had the honor of planning Shaun's sister's bridal shower for her. I went with a "feel" more than a theme. I had a few ideas for decor, shopped around a bit, and used what I could find to create a girly, slightly vintage, shabby chic, lace/burlap/doily/peachy pink/muted aqua bridal shower heaven :) 

Here are the fabrics I chose. For a garland we made. 

My mother in law and mom both came over one day and my mama watched my babies and my mother in law helped cut the fabric into strips. Then you just tie each strip of fabric onto a piece of twine. It was a little more time consuming than I thought it would be, but so worth it. You'll see the finished product at the bottom. It makes such a pretty garland. Now I'm hoping that someday I have a girl so I can use this in her room somehow :) 

Next project, creating burlap and doily mats for the centers of the tables. 


And tissue paper puffs. My friend Salena taught me how to make these. Click here to go to her blog and scroll down to the bottom to see her birthday party for her daughter when she first made them. They are simple, cheap and quite lovely :) All it takes to make them is a pack of tissue paper, scissors and a twisty tie. 

Definitely not the best photo, but I was rushing to finish setting everything up before everyone came. So here's what I have. This was the food table before everything was on it. 

Close up of my feather centerpieces. The feather flowers were from ac moore, the old blue mason jars were from a friend, and the white pedestal is a vase I spray painted and flipped upside down. 

Table centerpieces on burlap table runners we made. 

Decor in the corner of the room where Brittany opened her gifts. We hung the tissue paper puffs with twine, and Shaun helped me twist pale pink crepe paper down the walls. 

Card table. Another feather flower centerpiece, a burlap and twine covered shoebox, and a photo of the celebrated couple on a lace table cloth. 

I'm thinking I need to do another post with some photos of the invitations, the people, the food, etc.... It took me far to long to post this, but I'll try to post the second half of the shower in a more timely manner :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment