Monday, August 19, 2013

Living Room Inspiration Photos

I love the verse in the Bible that talks about how "Without vision, the people will perish..."

Shaun and I were talking about that before we fell asleep the other night. About his vision for his business, about how God told him once to "never stop building." I talked about my vision for photography some, but what I feel like I have vision like crazy for right now is my house. Any other girls out there hear me?? :) Our homes are our own personal canvases, our place to experiment, discover ourselves, our styles and personality, a place to make our family feel loved and comfortable and taken care of, a place to create a little haven, a place to make beautiful. Now cleaning is not always that fun to me... But I've found that if I take the time to beautify a space, I am more motivated to clean and keep it looking pretty.

The other night I couldn't sleep, and I spent an hour or so down in our living room flipping through magazines in the middle of the night. By the time I went back to bed I had re-designed our living room in my head, knew exactly what finishing pieces I need, what wall color I want to use, some architectural elements I want to add... Now I am dying to make it a reality, but I think realistically it's going to have to wait til after baby, there are too many other things I need to focus my energy on right now.  But here are a few images of inspiration.... (and this is me full blown dreaming as if money wasn't an object.)


First, I'd re-paint the living room a creamy grayish oatmeal shade of white. 

Second, I'd add wood planking to one wall. The one behind our entertainment system with the collage of family photos on it. (And I'd actually love to continue the planking around the corner and onto one wall of our kitchen) 
(Oh, and this picture is of our living room about a year ago, decor has changed but layout is the same. That's the wall I'd add the planking to) 


I'd do horizontal planks so it would look something like the image below:


Third...
Here's our front door now... And because they're not expensive or anything, 

I'd switch out the front door for something like this: 


Fourth, I'd add a light fixture to the currently unused spot in the center of our living room ceiling. Probably something like this: 


Fifth, because I have several other collages going on in the living room, I'd replace this grouping of mirrors over the sofa with one larger mirror. (I already know where I'd use the smaller ones elsewhere in the house)

Probably a mirror like this: 
(But instead of it being from Pottery Barn I'd look for something similar at HomeGoods.) 



And sixth, just because I've wanted something like this for forever anyway, I'd get this giant woven basket to hold all our cozy throw blankets in: 
(Again, this is from Pottery Barn, but I'd look for something similar at HomeGoods.) 

 So, there's my imaginings for what I'd do to our living room if I had the time (and money) right now. Maybe someday I will be able to post some pictures of it becoming a reality on here! 
A girl can dream.... don't wanna be without vision, right?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment