Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life lately

It's spring time in our house, and now it's starting to feel a little like spring outside too. My daffodils are poking through the dirt and the snow is slushy and melting fast, and inside our house we have fresh flowers and some color and a few new little house plants adding green and life. Oh and my seedlings for my garden are started and sitting in my kitchen window sill. :)

Isaiah is so into puzzles lately. He memorizes them and then puts them together over and over. At two and a half I am really shocked at how he can put whole puzzles together by himself. He's also using the potty a ton now. I still haven't started "potty training" him... (I don't really do "potty training" like I've seen it done elsewhere...) We just talk about it, he's watched elmo's potty time, and he sees Drew doing it... And he just naturally wants to. I don't put him in under wear I just let him tell me when he wants to use it. He pretty much uses the potty every morning and night and is starting to do number 2 in there by choice whenever he can. The other night Shaun walked by the bathroom and Isaiah had taken his pants and diaper off and was sitting on his elmo potty singing to himself... The best part of it was that it was a worship song called "intimacy", so in between grunts Isaiah was singing his little heart out saying "I was made, I was made, I was made for intimacy...." Oh my word, this boy has made me laugh from the day he was born. He says all his "ck" sounds like "t's" so "Come Quick!!" is "TUM TWICK!" and he's always says "I sink so" and "Emme See!" Love his little twists in his speech.


My Drew bug... his favorite song right now is by Rend Collective called Build Your Kindgom Here and he always asks me to play it when we're in the car. Then he sings the chorus at the top of his lungs. He asked us to bring his tricycle inside for him and one of his favorite things to do right now is jump on his bike and just pedal around and around our kitchen island. He looks like such a little boy now... We're getting ready to sign him up for swimming lessons this summer and pre-school in the fall. I can hardly handle this. Seriously, time is just going too fast. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel though as he does more and more for himself. At four and a half he dresses himself, puts on his own socks and shoes and jacket, buckles himself into his car seat, tries to wash his own hair in the tub, gets food for himself from the pantry or fridge, and loves to help me with anything in the kitchen. It is awesome to have him able to take care of himself some now. He is so loving and gentle with Jaden, and has such a sweet sensitive heart. He can be stubborn though too, and he is definitely my little warrior. :)


Jaden, my little nugget :) He is still infatuated with his hands and now sucks and chews on his fingers all the time. He is working on awesome abs and loves to do "crunches" where he lays on his back and then lifts his neck and head as high as he can til his face turns red... It cracks me up. For about the last month now he has been taking these glorious 3 to 4 hour long naps in the middle of each day. I actually can't wait for him to wake up because I miss him so bad by the end of them. I still swaddle him to sleep at night and for his naps and I think that helps a ton. The kiddopotamus wraps work so well for him. At night he wakes up about twice to nurse, for about 5 minutes, then I lay him back in his bassinet. He has become the worlds easiest baby this last month or so. He's seriously so content and even if he is crying all you have to do is pick him up and he's happy again. He's starting to hold toys and rattles and tries to grab my food sometimes. It's so funny watching babies try to get something in slow motion and without the development of depth perception yet. It takes great concentration and a lot of time just to grab something that's sitting right in front of their face. Like pouncing on prey that's not trying to run away. He's had a little applesauce from a spoon once so far and seemed to really like it. His blonde hair is really filling in and he rolls over to his belly really easily. He has the most adorable little belly laugh when you tickle him and he makes new sounds almost daily. Besides his cooing and gurgling he's said "b" and "g" sounds too. 


Shaun got a juicer for Christmas and he's been juicing once or twice a week. Drew and Isaiah love to help him make it and have declared it their favorite juice. So far what we've found we like best is a couple apples, one lime, one orange and some spinach and carrots. And those adorable juice glasses? I got them on my last girls day with my mom and sister at a cute country store. Love them. 


We go through several dozen eggs a week in this house.... We typically hard boil about a dozen at a time and that lasts us about 3 or 4 days. Such an easy breakfast too when all you have to do is peel an egg and make toast. We buy our free range grass fed eggs from local farms and are so glad we've made this switch. My other breakfast staples are smoothies (made from raw milk, organic vanilla yogurt and a banana) and grapefruits. I just found a ten lb bag of them for $3 at a discount grocery store and they are delicious!!

My boys... love this ragamuffin snuggly picture of them all :) 


We're getting ready to paint our living room so I took a few last photos of it before we paint. 


And I'm 27 now. Here's littlest man on my birthday. My little fox :) 

Me and my main guy on my 27th. 

Oh and those are my new Steve Madden aviators that I got for $5.... They were originally $60, marked down to $30, then the lady who ran the sunglass hut at Macy's had left for the day and no one else knew how to take the sensor off, so they let me pay, then mailed them to me the next day along with a $25 gift card to Macy's for the inconvenience of it... (That's the same shopping trip I got a dress that rang up at $0 on... and they just let me have it for that instead of trying to figure out why it rang up wrong. So fun! )

Right before blowing out my candles. Believe it or not Jaden is actually on my lap too you just can't see him behind Drew. 
So for my birthday Shaun took off work and I told him I wanted to start the day off with a shower all by myself in the bathroom, then go to Cracker barrel for brunch, then go pick out paint colors for our living room at Lowe's, then take a nap in the afternoon, then go to my parents' for dinner. And I also told him the day before a few conversation topics I wanted to talk about before we went to bed that night. (Side note: I used to think that an ideal "date day" would be for him to plan it all out for me without me telling him what I wanted to do even if I already knew, and then hoping he'd guess right. Way too much pressure on us both. He loves it if I just tell him what I'd like to do and he's more than happy to make it all happen.) 
So besides Isaiah being a bit out of sorts at Cracker Barrel and throwing his plate across the table, and then having a meltdown at the exit of Lowe's, and then nap time not going quite how I envisioned it, it was a great day :) My parents went all out and their kitchen was a happening place when we got there for dinner. My dad made the best fried chicken ever and this amazing new coleslaw recipe with a sweet cilantro-ey vinaigrette type sauce and my mom made homemade mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce and a salad and got a reeses ice cream pie for dessert... It was delish. I felt so loved and 27 is truly off to a great start. 

And that's all the randomness I have time for today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment