Thursday, August 7, 2014

Morgan & Eric : Maternity Session

 Two weeks ago I took maternity photos for Morgan and Eric. She was almost 32 weeks. Just a few days after I took their photos she went into pre-term labor and spent several days in the hospital. They were able to stop her labor and send her home, hoping to hold her over at least four more weeks. As I was preparing to post her blog this morning I saw that she had the baby today! They had a healthy little boy at 33 weeks. His name is Jackson, after Morgan's maiden name. I cannot believe that just two weeks after taking these photos he is here! 
We started her photos in her nursery. It is absolutely adorable. So many handmade details and special things... Her dad is making the crib from wood that was milled by one of her baby's great grandfathers. It wasn't quite finished yet when we took their pictures. Beyond the crib there was an antique rocker, a refinished dresser, the most adorable green & yellow striped wall (everything was gender neutral since they didn't find out what they were having until he arrived!) Handmade curtains and pillows, lots of fun children's books, and an antique mint green clock that was my favorite. I loved the fabric flower sash she got to wear for these too :) 


After we finished photos in the nursery she changed and we headed to Eric's family farm just down the road. A beautiful old stone farm house, cornfields, a white barn, golden sunlight.... It was pure country loveliness. 

 There were the most beautiful flowers all around the porch.

 Loved the light peeking around this big old tree... 

The photos in front of the cornfields are some of my favorites. The colors are so vibrant. 
 As the sun went down we headed over to the barn and finished up our photos there... 

 So lovely. 

Congratulations on the birth of little Jackson, I am so happy for you and so glad to hear of his healthy arrival!! I hope you enjoy your maternity photos, it looks like we did them with no time to spare... So glad I was able to capture these memories for you! Thank you again for trusting me with these! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment