Wednesday, March 21, 2012

wednesday morning...

drew is in the bath tub lining up his toy trains on the ledge and pretending to be a dolphin.

isaiah is laying on the floor next to me babbling with his fingers in his mouth, rolling onto his belly over and over again and then getting mad cause he can't figure out how to get back onto his back.

i'm in a t-shirt and sweatpants and pony tail, doing load after load of laundry of all the things drew threw up on in the middle of the night last night. he's totally fine this morning.

shaun is working hard for us as usual.

and i'm smiling. i still feel like a kid sometimes, so how is it that i'm married, and have a house, and two babies? i just can't believe it, and i can't believe how much i love it either. my favorite thing about it, actually two favorite things, are that i get to have sleepovers with my best friend every night, and that i get to play with my babies. throw up and all.

the other day drew and i were playing keep away in the backyard and all the sudden drew decided to just drop down on the grass on his back and asked me to lay next to him. we shaded our eyes and looked up at the sky at airplanes and birds and bugs and clouds for i don't even know how long. me and my little buddy laying on the grass next to me.

we picnic on the back porch.
we go for walks.
we color.
we play playdough.
we tickle and wrestle.
we clean together (yes, drew likes to clean!!)
we read books.

i spent all day monday cleaning. and guess what? my house is dirty again. my mom had a friend who told her "the mess will always be there, the kids won't."

i'm trying to learn to balance the cleaning and the playing, and it's hard sometimes. i like organization. but i don't think i'll ever regret choosing to put down the sponge to hold my babies for a minute instead of having all the dishes washed.

wednesday morning thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment