Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Transitioning from Winter to Spring!! (Fashion)

The in-between-the-seasons can be tough for knowing how to dress... I love to dress seasonally so it leaves me in a little bit of a confusing state when one day it's 60 degrees and the next it's freezing and gray and sleeting again... So this is what I decided to do. I made a list of the things that say "spring" to me, then I warm them up to still be wearable if it's cold outside.

Here's my list:

Pastels
Lace
Polka dots
Floral
Gingham
Turquoise

(Note: I did not find this list anywhere, and maybe some of these things don't say "spring" to you... just make your own list of what does :) )


 I don't take pictures of my outfits all that often, so I'm sorry I don't have more examples to show you. But outfit number one is a very good representation of how I dress in the winter. Neutrals, boots, layers... The lace top is what made it feel slightly "springy" to me, and is one of my favorites for both spring and fall because it is light weight and feminine and I love the texture it adds. Here I wore it with a blazer over it that I could take it off if it warmed up. Blazers, cardigans and light weight jackets are great for spring weather :)
Lace top- express (last year)
Long gray tank- H&M
Jeans- express (8 years ago, and free with a coupon!)
Blazer- H&M (2 years ago)
Necklace- AE (5 years ago)
Boots- Steve Madden (gift from Shaun for Christmas)

Outfit number 2:
You might have glimpsed this one in yesterday's post on Jaden's dedication. I wish I could wear this every day right now. The pastel pink with the subtle polka dots, and the floral necklace (as well as the fresh highlights!!) are definitely speaking of the springtime, while the leggings and boots keep it warm enough to wear now :)
Had to post a close up of this fabulous necklace :)

Dress- target (last fall)
Leggings- VS (2 years ago)
Boots- Steve Madden (same as above)
Necklace- J. Crew (gift from my bestie for my birthday this year!)

Anyway, that's how you'll find me dressing in this awkward stage between winter and spring time. Hoping for full blown spring any day now!!    


No comments:

Post a Comment