Wednesday, November 7, 2012

cloudy day musings...

I'm disappointed. So disappointed about the election. But God has been dealing with me on fear all year in 2012, and so I know the one place I can't allow my head to go is fear of the future. 
Proverbs 21:1 The King's heart is in the hand of the Lord. Like the rivers of water, He turns it wherever He wishes. 

My God is sovereign, He is in control. I will rest in Him. 
Case closed. 

My boys. Now there is a subject that always makes me smile. :) 

Isaiah enjoying a cookie. Or four. 

A few weeks ago I went out on the back porch and was taking pictures of Isaiah through the glass. He thought it was such a fun game, and Shaun and Drew joined him for a bit too:) 

 Getting all kinds of expressions from him. 

Isaiah makes the face below allllll the time. His favorite sound effect for anything is "mooooo". Drew gets frustrated and I hear him saying "No, saiah, trains don't say moo. They say WOO WOO, chug chug chug..." I try to explain to him that Isaiah's trying, he just can't say all that yet... But besides "moo" Isaiah does say "ba" for sheep, and he calls all animals "pup-pup" (what we call zion when we want him to come.) Isaiah LOVES zion. He hugs him, tackles him, pets him, wrestles him, feeds him from his highchair.... It's making me love zion more too. 


Drew looking all serious and pensive and handsome (below). :) 
Somehow when he turned three he turned into a BOY. Like, the baby-ness is still there somewhat, but he has all this imagination, he tells us stories, he uses the cutest hand motions and gestures and mannerisms to convey his thoughts. He knows the "right" way to do everything. He is doing AWESOME with potty training, still wears pull ups for nap and bedtime but usually wakes up dry and goes straight to the bathroom. It took two days. He has had one or two accidents in the last month, but it was seriously wayyy easier than I thought it would be. I'm so thankful we waited. 
The other day he said to me, "Mommy, come here, I have a secret..." I leaned down and he whispered in my ear, "I ove you." Then he gets this pleased, shy little smile on his face and looks down while I melt into a puddle before his very eyes.... :) He has always loved to snuggle, but now he tells me, "Mommy, I ove to snuggle with you..." 
There is something incredibly sweet and tear-jerking about him conveying his little emotions to me in words now. 



Isaiah is still his energetic, very determined self, but I am starting to see some particular-ness in him too, a little more of his big brother's personality in him. He is starting to put his sippy cup into the holder designed for it on his highchair tray when he is done with it instead of throwing it on the floor. He will pile his snacks all together instead of just smearing and smashing them randomly... He likes to close doors that we leave open in the house, and he has this funny notion about where toys go... Our basement door is panes of glass, with the bottom right one missing (the previous owners used that as a cat door) And Isaiah thinks that all toys get thrown through that opening. So when the living room is looking particularly clean, just beware, if you wish to go to the basement you will have to pick your way through the minefield of toys strewn down the stairs.... 

These boys. I love them so. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment