Tuesday, October 22, 2013

He's Here!!!!

Introducing our sweet baby boy number three: 

Jaden Saylor Kauffman


Born October 21st at 9:27 p.m.
8 lbs 10 ounces
20 inches long

Contractions began being more intense at home at 5:00 p.m. Left for the hospital at 6:00 when they were getting much worse and so close I couldn't time them anymore - my awesome husband put on his four ways and was making great time. Water broke in the car on the way at about 6:15... thought I might have the baby in the car before we made it... Thank Jesus we got here at 6:40 and they had a wheelchair waiting for me and took me straight to l&d. I was 7 cm then. As they started my fluids and I calmed down my contractions spaced out and I got a bit of a break until around 8 or 8:30. Contractions became intense again, and after being in the jacuzzi tub for about 15 or 20 minutes all of the sudden I knew I needed to make it back to the bed asap... Shaun and my nurse practically carried me there. Had about 5 or 6 minutes of intense pain and crazy contractions, 1 minute of pushing, and he was here!!!  He has little blonde peach fuzz hair and he is perfect in every way. We are so in love already! 
Holding him for the first time. Minutes after he was born. 

Couldn't have done it without Shaun!! He is my hero! 

We love our new little man!!! 


He slept well last night and looks like a little angel in his bassinette next to me now. Drew and Isaiah will be coming to meet little brother soon! :) I can't wait! 





(Started writing this post the afternoon of October 17th when I still have no idea when I was actually going to have the baby, and I was trying to find things to do to keep me occupied....:) ) 

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Becky here, from Change of Pace. Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful....baby boys can be beautiful can't they? So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations sweet Jessi and Shaun. I am so glad that your little boy is here and he is healthy and ready to be introduced to an awesome family with lots of boys and love and laughter. Now we have something wonderful in common...we are the mommy of 3 boys and Jessi, I would never change that! Boys ROCK!! Be blessed sweet girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christian Estep Wright...lol sorry, I forgot this wasn't a facebook post

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to you and your family! Another wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessi! Congratulations! I hope all is well! I was hoping you could answer a question regarding your blog! I'm Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete