Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Darren: Senior Portraits


I don't get to take senior portraits too often, but it's always fun when I get to. It seems I usually am working with senior guys, and my best piece of advice to any other photographers out there is to find out what they like and find a way to make it part of their pictures. Guys are only going to want to pose and smile for so long, so finding a way to make the shoot a little more "them" will not only help it to be more creative and make it more fun for them, but it also is a great way to document their hobbies or interests at this important time in their lives. 
Darren happens to love hunting, fishing and four wheeling to name a few activities. So after we took a few more "formal" shots, he brought out his fishing rod, tackle box and bow and we took some with those as well. I love how they all came out :) This was the first of my evening mini sessions two weekends ago. 

Here are a few favorites from his session: 




I love how the two below came out. 

 The one below is my favorite from his session, you'll see it in black and white also. 





To be honest, I have never seen a bow like this before. I was picturing him pulling out some wooden, robin hood looking thing, so when he pulled this out of it's case I was pretty amazed! We got a lot of cool shots of him with it but these were two of my favorites. 

 And last but not least, I love these two representing his love of fishing. 

Thank you Tanya (that would be Darren's mom :) ) for setting this up and trusting me with your son's senior photos. I hope you love them, I had a great time capturing a little piece of Darren's life and personality for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment