Saturday, May 17, 2014

Raspberry Mint Lime Water


So this beverage was completely inspired by the drink my sister-in-law fixed for us on Mother's Day when they had us over for dinner. I'll share that recipe first, because it was HEAVENLY, and then I'll share this everyday version that I made too. :) 

So Steph's drink was fresh squeezed raspberry lemonade. It was so refreshing, perfectly tart, and absolutely delicious. To make a half gallon you need approximately 6-7 lemons, one little box of raspberries (1/2 pint?) water, sugar, and ice cubes. So first fill the pitcher partially full of ice cubes. Then use a citrus press to squeeze the juice from the lemons into the pitcher over the ice. Meanwhile make a simple syrup on the stove (the ratio is a cup of sugar to a cup of water, for this recipe she used 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup water... to make the simple syrup you just boil the water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved in the water) Pour your simple syrup into the pitcher, mash the raspberries and add them, then top off with water. Stir to combine the flavors and mix the raspberry pulp throughout. 
Then pour yourself a glass, close your eyes, and taste the best thing ever :)



So I don't have a citrus press, and I don't like to have sugar in my beverages on a routine basis, so I made a different version of this yummy drink... I used a 1/2 pint mashed raspberries, fresh mint leaves from our garden, and the juice from a lime (more would have been better, but since I don't have a press I only used one) This was much less tart and not as sweet, but still very refreshing and a fun way to make dinner seem fancy one night. Not to mention it was just adorable in these tiny glasses and healthy as well :) 


Drew was watching me take these pictures and as soon as I was done he swooped in and grabbed the cup. I started to take the garnish off for him but he asked to keep it on because he liked how it looked :) 



Hope this inspires you to make a fancy drink sometime this summer. Even if it's not a special occasion and just for dinner one night for your family, it's such a fun treat and so simple to make something fresh like this. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment