Friday, October 26, 2012

more than stats

The impersonal thing about blogs is that you can see how many people view a given post, but you never know who that number represents. Whether it's 2 or 200 people that view a post doesn't make a difference to me. I care about the individual that each number stands in place of. Each soul. And that makes even 1 more than enough.

So today, I want you to know that I am writing to you. Maybe I know who you are, maybe I don't. But I pray for you. I care about you. If I'm writing to you, I hope you are encouraged, I hope you find beauty in the little, I hope you are comforted, I hope whatever pain plagues your heart is eased knowing that Jesus restores. I hope you find faith here. I hope you find worship here. I hope you see that God is the God of more than enough. I hope you meet Jesus here. I pray you know that there are good plans for your life. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. I pray you find creativity, passion, fullness of life here. I pray you see the imperfect and know it's ok, that we don't have to have it all together, that emotion, struggle, challenges are part of the bittersweet of life, and that what we feel is beautiful and fulfilling and gives us purpose, even when it's hard.

Jesus, I pray you would pour out blessing and favor today on each one. Let each soul reading this know that YOU care about them so deeply, so immensely, that you see them, you know them, you are moved by them, you want desperately to be in relationship with them. That what makes them come alive blesses you, makes you smile over them. Meet them Jesus. Right where they're at. Love them through their day, let them feel your embrace. Thank you for being a personal, intimate, friend of our hearts, Jesus. 

This blog is so much more than stats to me. That number in there somewhere that's you? It's really special to me. And I'm thankful for you. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment