Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Easy & Delicious: day 3

Today you get two recipes, but no pictures :( The first recipe is called savory garlic and herb chicken. And you're going to laugh with joy it's so easy :) Ok, ready? Go to the grocery store, walk down the soup aisle, find lipton dry soup mixes, and grab the savory garlic and herb one off the shelf. On the back of the box is a recipe for this chicken. It is basically chicken, chopped tomato, topped with mozerella cheese, with this soup mix packet mixed with water and olive oil poured over it. It is SO SO easy and so amazingly tasty :)We like it with mashed potatoes and a vegetable (usually peas) And I know I said two recipes today, but I guess it's actually three... follow the directions on the back of the box for roasted vegetables and you have another amazing side dish.

*The only change I make to the chicken recipe is that i usually just use mozerella cheese, and I cook it for 30-35 minutes instead of 25 min like it says to. The only change I make to the veggies recipes is that sometimes we chop the veggies and put them on aluminum foil and pour the sauce over and grill outside... mmmm:) 

Recipe number 2/3:

Poppyseed Chicken Casserole

I'm sorry, not trying to be lazy here, but since the recipe is already handily available at this site, I'll just direct you there. :)


*What I like about this recipe is that it is easy to whip up, doesn't call for many ingredients, and I always make two and freeze one for later so you can pull it out without any trouble on a busy night and have a no fuss dinner. I have made it with a salad and garlic bread in the past, but my favorite combination is with glazed carrots and applesauce. To make the glazed carrots simply peel and slice up however many carrots you want and add them plus a small amount of water, butter, salt and brown sugar to a pot and simmer until carrots are soft. One of my favorite veggies (and Shaun's and Drew's too!)  And I guess that techincally makes FOUR recipes for today!


Source: This meal was brought to us after I had Isaiah by a friend, Chrissy Eshelman, and we loved it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment