Friday, October 17, 2014

Party Planning

Sometimes you plan and you plan and you plan for a party. And then it's here. And then it's over way too fast. All that planning and prep work is really not worth a ton if you don't purposefully enjoy the party while it's going on. It's easy to be stressed, hoping things are going seamlessly, wondering if everyone is enjoying themselves...

The best way to make sure your guests enjoy themselves is to make sure YOU enjoy yourself. A stressed out hostess can shift the whole atmosphere. Really, there's nothing to stress about. What gets done gets done, what doesn't, only you know. Things might go a little different than you envisioned, there might be some mishaps, but those are the things memories are made from.

Tomorrow is Jaden's first birthday party. I've got a lot to do today... Including baking three batches of muffins, 2 quiches, his first birthday cake, cleaning the whole house and the back porch, and some more decorating. But I will not let that stress me out, I not only want to enjoy the party tomorrow, but the process today. And if some things don't get done, that's ok. I've got my list of priorities. :)

I'll be back tomorrow sharing photos!! :)

[This is part of a 31 day series on being present in the moment]

No comments:

Post a Comment