Thursday, October 16, 2014

"When fears are stilled, when strivings cease"

The biggest difference that being present in the moment has made in my life is in the area of fear. I've written before what a big issue fear has been for me in the past. But I'd love to share again how focusing on right where I am, and hearing the voice of the Lord have been my primary weapons against the tidal wave of fear.

"When you worry, you are looking at your future apart from God."
"To worry is to meditate on thoughts of the devil."
"All our failures and all our fears, God our love, He has overcome..."
"Perfect love casts out fear."

I have today. I have right now. I do not need to look to the future with fear, I do not need to spend my time worrying about what might be. I need to press into the perfect love of Jesus, and know that the one who holds the future holds me in His hands. Whatever is... those are the things I will think about. Instead of imagining the worst, I want to wonder what does the best look like? If I let myself imagine the things that terrify me the most, I lose the joy of right now. And so today I will hold my babies. I will kiss my husband. I will finish making the decorations for my baby boy's first birthday party. And when fear tries to steal from me, I will look around at what I have right now, the things I am most thankful for, and I will rest in the Father's love.
[This post is part of a 31 day series on being present]


No comments:

Post a Comment