Thursday, October 30, 2014

Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn!

(I already had this post written, so even though I'm 'taking off' I thought I'd still go ahead and share this) :)

 I didn't used to be that big of a popcorn fan. That has certainly changed over the past year or so. Popcorn is one of our favorite family snacks. We buy the bags of unpopped kernels and then pop them ourselves over the stove. It is so easy to do, and then you get to flavor them yourself. All you need is a few tablespoons of oil (you can use coconut oil, olive oil, vegetable oil, sesame oil... lots of fun options just in that choice!) and 1/3 a cup of kernels to make a good bit of popcorn. 

My current favorite flavoring of the popcorn once it's popped is rosemary parmesan. 
What you need: 
3 Tblsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup unpopped kernels
1/3 stick of melted butter 
1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt
1-2 tbps grated parmesan cheese
1-2 stalks of fresh rosemary, chopped finely

 Follow the directions on the bag to pop the corn.
Transfer the popcorn from the pot into your serving bowl. Pour melted butter over top, then season with parmesan, salt and rosemary.  Toss to mix all together. Adjust seasonings to taste. Put on your favorite movie and enjoy :) 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delish! We love making homemade popcorn! Where did you find those bowls? I love them!

    ReplyDelete